Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Date

To make a long story short, I think it went well.  It was nice.  No great, and not horrible.  It was nice.  I can live with nice.  Nice is good.  Nice is relaxing.  Nice is no stress.  Nice is no worrying about being impressive next time.  I was just me, and that's that.

So anyway, I'm sure you want details.  I met Brittany and her stepmom at this little park and ride place near where she lives so I didn't have to get lost trying to find her house.  From there I drove to the restuarant.  We talked along the way, just getting to know each other. 

Because it's a Tuesday night we got seated right away when we got to Johnnie Corrino's.  She got the Chicken Alfredo and I got the Tuscan Ribeye.  She liked the food, so that was a little coup for me.  My steak was good too, but a little over cooked.  I can't help but be particular about my meat.

After that we went over to the Rave movie theater.  I wanted her to pick a movie, but she put the decision on me.  I picked Flight Plan.  It was really a good movie.  I've seen better, but I liked it.  I think Brittany liked it too, but it wasn't great.  It could have been better.  Maybe should have went with something scarier or romantic.  I don't know.  I'm not worried about it.

It was too bad that the ice cream place was closed when we got out of the theater.  That could have been nice, but I think we were both tired.  So it worked out okay.  I drove her home, and I'm glad I met her when I picked her up because it would have been a bitch to find.  I pulled up to her house and she said she'd had fun and that she would talk to me later.  And that was that. 

I basically played it layed back all night.  I was pretty tired, to be completely honest.  'Kid Gloves' was the rule for the night anyway.  The first move will have to come from her.  I think. 

I call her in a day or two.  Hell, maybe tomorrow.  I'm kind of indifferent about the whole thing.  It was fun.  Nice.  I enjoyed myself.  But I'm not that involved in the whole thing.  That's kind of weird for me.  I don't know how I feel about that.  There's less risk, I guess. 

Anyway, Brittany's cute.  She's not perfect, in the classic sense.  But she is perfect inan individual sense.  She's got a nice personality and she's attractive.  I could see myself getting more deeply involved with her.  It would be nice.  But I think that's all it would be.  Just nice.  Not great.  Not horrible.  Just nice.  I could live with that.  For a while.

3 comments:

autumnsavril said...

Damn you!  I've been dying to see that movie, but Clint didn't want to see it when we went out to pick a movie.  :P  Neither does he want to see the Skeleton Key.  Grrrr . . .

Anyhow, glad to know your date went well, though it seems that you're not really all that interested in her.

Ave

rampage841512 said...

I'm interested in her.  I really am.  She has a great personality, and she is pretty.  I'm just being a stubborn ass and holding back.  maybe I should be, but probably I shouldn't.  I'm so confused.

autumnsavril said...

LOL, just let come what may.  ;)

Stop worrying over it.

Ave