Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Yesterday

Yesterday, I spent most of the day with Stephanie.  I got to her house a little after eight yesterday morning.  I walked into her room and she was still in bed, barely awake.  I couldn't help but laugh.  So after navigating my way through the collected clutter, in the dark, I made my way to her bed.  She said we should nap for an hour and then get to work.  She slid over on the bed so I slipped off my shoes and climbed on.

I hadn't slept since the day before so I wasn't complaining.  So we did that for an hour, and then we got up to get to work.  She made breakfast for us.  She cooked eggs, bacon, and toast.  It was good.  It's always nice to have someone else cook for you.  I met her stepdad.  He reminded me of the BTK killer, to be honest. 

We studied for hours.  We skipped all of our other classes.  It was worth it.  We really needed to study.  We studied from about nine-thirty until about one-thirty.  It's a good thing too, because the test wasn't what I'd call easy.

I drove us to school and we took the test.  I'm not worried about it, but I'm not sure how good I did either.  I'm hoping I made a B.  Stephanie figures we probably did.  She's usually not that confident about it, so I figure she made an A.  That girl is much smarter than she lets on. 

I took her to pick up her step-brother and step-sister after we finished.  We went back to her house to take them home, and then we went to get something to eat.  We had McDonald's.  It was okay, but the fries were old.  I hate that.  We ate, and chit-chatted, and then I left since I was having dinner with John and Jennifer.

Stephanie and I talked a lot in that whole time.  It was good too.  I guess I can finally say I'm going to be okay.  I really am.  She said some things that were good to hear.  Some things about her and Jeremy, and some things about her and me.  She told me she wanted to wait for me before going to law school.  I told her it might be a while, a long while, before I finished at UAB.  She said she didn't care.  That's kind of cool.    I don't know if she'll really wait, but if she does, that would be great. 

Anyway, we talked about a lot of other things too.  It was good.  I'm not okay, but I will be okay.  I said before some things would always piss me off, and fuck with my head.  But I'll be okay.  That's important.  That's very important.

2 comments:

autumnsavril said...

I knew all along you would be okay.  Does that count?

Ave

rampage841512 said...

In a way, I think I did too.  But there was a period in which I honestly didn't want to be okay.  But some of my fears where put to rest.  Other things I'll just have to deal with somehow.  

But yeah, it does count.