Monday, September 19, 2005

Sunday, funday

Sunday morning I went over to John's house.  Me, John, Jennifer, and our friend Logan went shooting.  Logan wanted to go, and John did too.  I didn't have too much ammo, but it was enough to have some fun.  Logan brought his SKS, his CZ pistol, and his 12 guage shotgun.  I took my .45 and my Mini-14.  John brouth his .22. 

Everyone really enjoyed shooting my .45.  Logan liked it a lot.  I liked his SKS.  His CZ is a little cheaply made for my taste.  It's very East Bloc.  The SKS has a much better feel to it.  I didn't like the balance so much though.  It was a little heavy on the front end.  His shotgun was also very nice.  I might have to pick one up for myself.  he didn't pay too much for it, and I've been wanting to get one. 

Logan made the best shot of the day.  He picked off a 2 liter bottle at about a hundred yards with his SKS.  I was shooting my Mini-14 and coming within a foot or closer, but he got the hit.  We shoot at another 2 liter that was about fifty yards closer and I think we both hit it at the same time.  Logan also hit a twenty ounce bottle while it was flying through the air.  He called it luck, but he's good with that thing. 

All in all it was fun.  Jennifer shot the pistols, but she didn't wanted anything to do with the long guns.  I think she enjoyed what she did though.  It was the first time either she or John had shot a pistol, and they both did pretty good.  I'd say Logan is probably the best shot of all of us, but I think I follow a close second.

I bought some more rounds for my Mini-14 later Sunday afternoon.  I still need to clean both the guns.  This morning I had a friend at work pick me up a box of .45 ammo.  This time I have hollow points instead of the standard full metal jacket.  That will definately give me an edge in defensive situations.  I'm going to get some more FMJs later to practice shoot with.  I've also got to pick up some cheap .223 rounds somewhere.

I'm also thinking of putting a scope on my Mini-14, but I'm not sure.  I'd like to, but I also like open sights.  I think I'd rather buy a large caliber scoped rifle.  I'm definitely buying a shootgun and SKS sometime though.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

No comments: