Friday, September 2, 2005

Insomniac

I was just about asleep.  I was so deep into falling asleep that I didn't realize I was still awake.  And then the pest control guy beat on my door.  The first thing I did was to grab my .45 (I had a "situation" to deal with a few days ago, and now it stays on the coffee table for my peace of mind), and then I opened the door.  I hadn't heard him say pest control, just something in a loud voice.  And I was half asleep.

I tried going back to sleep, but it didn't happen.  Hopefully it will in a little while.  I'm going to need the sleep.  Work was easier than usual last night, but I'm sure it will be heavy tonight.  It should be, anyway.  I've got so much to do it's driving me nuts, too.

The whole thing going on in New Orleans is pissing me off.  The Federal government has the resources to settle the issue immediatly but the president refuses to take the necessary action.  In my opinion, he is trying to avoid the political fallout of being the first president to declare martial law in over a hundred years.  His political career shouldn't be more important than the lives of those people.  With a few words the issure could be settled.  There exists in New Orleans a "State of Emergency," and that is the only justification he needs.  Under the Insurrection Act he has the power to do what needs to be done.  Insurrection exists in New Orleans.  People have gone made.  They are breaking the law and acting civil authorities.  The civil authorities have lost control of the situation.  It has been reported that some New Orleans Police officers are just quiting their jobs and walking away.  Act, you bastard.

 

No comments: