Thursday, September 1, 2005

Hello from UAB thanks to Wifi

Believe it or not I am sitting in the hall in the Ullman West building of UAB.  The best part is that there are no wires connected to my Dell Inspiron 9300 as I type this latest entry.  I am completely wireless and I absolutely love it.  But while I'm at school, this is definitely going to consume my time and battery power. 

The oddest part is that I'm sitting in the oldest building at UAB and I have wireless internet access.  This building is designated a historical site.  And it houses the Social and Behavioral Sciences Department (History, Anthropology, Archaeology...haha, real funny).  We are supposed to get a new building soon though.  Like in the next couple of years.  I'll believe it when I see it. 

Anyway, this means I can play poker while I'm at school.  That is if I can ever find a site that will take my credit cards.  Still I could play freerolls and play money games from here, just to keep my skills sharp. 

This is really cool.  And it will definitely come in handy.  I'm happy for the time being.  I just hope nothing happens to put a damper in my mood. 

Hmm, I just saw my student advisor.  Haven't seen him since Orientation two years ago.  I really need to talk to that guy...

No comments: