Tuesday, August 30, 2005

No work for two nights!

It's nice to know I don't have to go to work tonight, especially since I haven't been to sleep yet.  My fist class was canceled, but I went to the other two.  Stephanie didn't come to class.  Here whole family was home and they didn't have power.  She left me a voicemail and I called her right after class.  She said she tried to call me about two this morning when she woke up and remembered she was supposed to call me, but that for some reason the call wouldn't go through.  Anyway, I just emailed her some notes from class and she is supposed to call me tonight.  I won't be surprised if she doesn't, but I will be disappointed.

All that said, I think I'll catch some Z's.

3 comments:

jhileb said...

off topic from your entry, but how was the storm in your part of alabama?  you come through a-okay i hope?  do you know how Ave and her family came out....okay i hope?  that was a bitch of a hurricane, and while i'm sad you guys in the gulf states had to suffer with it...i am also glad i didn't have to deal with it.

j.h.

rampage841512 said...

As far as I know most of Alabama came through okay.  There was a lot of wind and I lost power and my landline Monday night, but I had to work so it didn't matter.  It was back on an hour after I got home.  There were a lot of down trees, but nothing major that I know of.  

I have no idea how Ave came through.  She is farther north than I am so she was probably in less danger than me.

That said, the whole state got hit with some heavy winds so she could be without power.  I hope she and her family are okay, and I'm sure we'll hear from her sometime soon.

autumnsavril said...

Yeah, sorry I didn't mention anything, but in all honesty, I didn't know about the hurricane until the day it hit (which tells you how little we were worried about it this far north), and I didn't know how bad it was until afterward, first when J said it was bad, and then when I saw "Katrina Relief Funds" everywhere.

That stuff was mighty sad.

Avril