Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Hit and Miss

Today was a kind of hit and miss day for me.  Some things went well, others didn't.  I called Amber around early this afternoon and talked to her for a minute.  She said she was about to leave for work but that she wanted to talk to me.  She said since she had my number she would call me on break or after work.  I haven't heard from her, but I'm not sweating it.  If I don't hear from here in a day or two I'll call her again.

I slept a few hours this afternoon and then went to the mall with John and Jennifer.  There's a fucking monsoon outside, but it was okay.  We went to a bunch of different stores.  John wanted a pair of riding boots but he can't wear them because of his prosthetic.  He found some other boots he liked, even though he didn't buy them. 

Jennifer spent some time in the Body Shop looking at different things.  She tried on a few dresses and a really nice shirt I picked out for her.  She wants to get the shirt later.  It looks amazing on her.  She bought one of the dresses.  I also saw this really attractive sales girl there and she kept looking my way so I went over and introduced myself.  I ended up asking her for her number, but she said she had a boyfriend.  Oh, well. 

We went to Barnes and Noble after the mall and I picked up a few books.  One I bought is Robinson Crusoe.  I've never read it, but I've always wanted too so now I'll have the chance.  I also bought three books by Peter H. Capstick about big game hunting in Africa.  It's something I've always been interested so I thought I read up on it. 

That's about it for today.  I think I'm going to sleep for a few hours tonight because I'm not feeling to well and I'm tired. 

No comments: