Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Finally, down time...

Once again it's that time of the week which I wish never ends...my weekend!  This past week at work really sucked.  We had to prep for inventory, which is happening as I speak.  It was a real bitch, but it's over now.  When I go back in Thursday night it should be all over.  I hope.

There's been a  bit of a shake-up at work and some people have quit or moved around so I am hoping that soon I will be off on Thursday and Friday nights.  That would be great.  I'd actually be able to do something again on a regular basis.  I hope I don't get screwed over by my boss.  I deserve those days and it isn't like we won't have enough people for the other days.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today.  I know for sure that I am going to watch the shuttle launch.  Hopefully it won't be scrubed again.  So far it's around two hours to lift-off.  I'm really excited about it.  I wish I was going.  One of my dreams has always been to go to space, but I doubt that will ever happen.  The space program is, in my opinion, the single most important thing in the world right now.  That fact is that this planet cannot support us forever.  The human race is growing to quickly.  Eventually we're going to have to go out into the vastness of space the same way we had to cross the Atlantic to the Americas.  I hope I live to see the day when humanity is colonizing other worlds.

I might also take a trip to this gun shop called Braswell's I know of but have never been too.  I'm hoping I'll be able to find .223 ammo cheaper than what I'm paying for it now.  If I was 21 I could buy it by mail order for about $120.00 for a thousand rounds.  I'm hoping it will be similarly priced there.  If I can't find it cheap, I'll get a friend to buy it for me by mail.

Other than that, my only other plan is to jump into the pool.  I did that Sunday after I got back from shooting.  It was nice.  The water was not too cold or too warm, but just perfect.  Yeah, that sounds like a plan.  Anyone want to join me by the pool?

No comments: