Thursday, July 28, 2005

Done and Done

I didn't do everything I planned to do on Tuesday, but I did eventually do most of the things I needed to do yesterday.  I went to that gun shop, a hole in the wall place if there ever was one, and found the ammo at the price I wanted.  Unfortunately he didn't seem to have what I wanted in the quantity I wanted.  I payed $4.50 for a twenty round box, and bought five boxes.  That's better than over $12 per box.  The ammo is made in Russia, and seems decent.  I'll shoot Sunday.  Then I'll know for sure whether it's worth it or not.  If it is, I think I'll get John to buy a few thousand rounds for me by mail.

I bought some more targets and also soem more ear plugs as well.  I bought some of the throw-away ear plugs and some that are attached by a string and can be reused.  The targets I bought are not the ones I had  intended to buy.  I like using adhesive targets, but these have to be hung up.  I figure something out.  I'll probably just tape them up.  Whatever works. 

I've been reading a lot more lately.  The last two books I've read were in the Songs of Fire and Ice series by George R. R. Martin.  They've been better than average, although the huge cast of characters and multiple plot lines is a little trying.  I just started the third book, A Storm of Swords, this morning.  There is a fourth one out there I don't have, but will buy soon enough.  I also bought the newest Star Wars book today.  I'll read it after I finish A Storm of Swords.  That shouldn't take more than a few days.

School starts back soon, and I'm feeling a bit bitter-sweet about it.  I can only afford one more full semester.  That's it.  My money is gone after that.  I know I had a lot, but the fact is that living is expensive, and thanks to WalMart dicking me around so much before getting me working, I was out at least fifteen hundred bucks in living expenses.  That really sucked.  Plus enough other unexpected expensises poped up, blah blah.  I'll go talk to someone in fincial aid and maybe I won't be screwed completely.  We'll see.

 

1 comment:

autumnsavril said...

Chances are, if your grades have been good, you will find enough sources to fully pay the rest of your way through school.

Ave