Saturday, June 4, 2005

Home Defense

Tonight I did something I have been meaning to do for a while, and that was to purchase a gun.  Now, I know a lot of people think buying a gun for "home defense" is just an excuse to have a deadly weapon.  For me, it isn't.

I live alone.  All it would take to get into my apartment is a good kick on the door in the right place.  I'm strong, but no one is strong enough if they are outnumbered or looking down the barrel of a gun or at the edge of a knife.  I don't intend to find myself in one of those situations with nothing but my cock in hand.

My plan was orginally to buy a shotgun as they are easy to use and intimidating.  I am also very comfortable with their use.  But I'm also comfortable with pistols.  I know guns, and how to use them safely.  I was taught early on about such things.

Tonight I was given the opportunity to buy an H and K .45 pistol, and considering it was a good deal from an investment point of view and that it is an excellant weapon I took the offer.  It has everything a shotgun could offer and it cost me less.  And it is completely legal, of course.  I have a valid bill of sale and will be applying for my permit soon. 

And for anyone who has had the misfortune of looking down the barrel of one, well...you know.

No comments: