Thursday, May 5, 2005

It's Official

My second year at UAB is complete.  I've got the entire summer off.  No school until August.  Now, if the pool would just open up around here, I'd be in business.  I'm going to do my best to enjoy this summer.  I have lots of plans, but I'm not sure what I am going to do yet.

My first plan is to try and swim everyday.  I'd like to loose a little more weight so I can get down to around 170 or 165 by the end of the summer.  I've been slowing getting it off since my senior year in high school.  Good goal, that one.

On May 19, I am going to see Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith.  I'm thinking of going to 12:01 A.M. showing since I'll be off work and wide awake.  I can hardly wait.  It's only two weeks away.  I kind of want to go see a movie just to see the theatrical trailer.

I want to try (emphasis on try) to get a couple of stories sent off to see if I can get them published.  Some are written, some are semi-written, and some are still just ideas.  It'd be nice to see my work in print, but I really doubt that will happen in one summer.  I need to get to it though.

I also have a whole lot of books I need to read.  Hopefull I won't just sit on my ass watching tv all summer.  I've done that before.  But I didn't have any plans for the summer then.  This time I do.  And besides, since I have to work, I can't sit around too much.

2 comments:

autumnsavril said...

I haven't sat around watching TV on a daily basis since I was about seven years old.  What *IS* people's draw with television, anyway?  The internet is so much more addictive.

Avril

rampage841512 said...

The internet is much more addictive, but I like tv too.  But I usually watch movies all day if I'm going to do that.  I have a huge dvd collections so chances are I can watch something I have not seen in a while.