Friday, April 15, 2005

Just got home from work...yawn...

Work sucked.  My aisle got hit hard and I had to stock it alone last night.  It wouldn't be so bad but when you get 0 cases of an item you need and 10 cases of an item you don't need, it's hard to keep the shelves stocked correctly.  I probably worked through 250 items, which is more than twice what I should have to work through in a given night.  Tonight will probably be just as bad.  But it's okay.  I'm being a stoic about this whole work thing and it has been working out very well so far.

Last night I went to dinner with John and Jennifer at Pizza Hut.  It was kind of nice but I was dissappointed because I couldn't get the pizza I wanted.  Those evil bastards discontinued the Big New Yorker, which is the single greatest pizza ever!  I swear I'll only eat Papa John's from now on. 

I've also been eating Subway a lot lately.  Normally I would go to a deli and get what I want to make my own sandwhiches, but they have this bread, Italian herb and cheese, and it is just amazing.  I've eaten so much in the past week that I'm going to have to take a break from it because I'm starting to get sick of it.  That wouldn't be good.

I've also been thinking about how to go about my wand project, and I keep running into a brick wall trying to decide what material I want to start working with.  I don't know if I want to go out and find a nice branch or if I want to start with a wooden dowel.  It's very frustrating.  Even more so that I had to abandon my staff.  I've been thinking about making a little snick attack trip to get it and all my work materials.  That would be very nice.  But I don't know if I could pull it off.  And I don't want anyone in my family to know about my new car.  Damn.  This sucks.

1 comment:

autumnsavril said...

Hahaha.  You have connections on the Pizza Hut thing, so don't worry.  My hubby is a manager for Pizza Hut.  Great news.  You can't get the Big New Yorker, that's true (and I agree it's sad--that's the best pizza Pizza Hut has ever made), but according to Clint, just order the Full House with sweet sauce instead of regular pizza sauce.  He said it will look different, as they use more cheese on it, and the crust is ridged, but it will taste virtually the same.  I haven't tried it myself, as I actually prefer Papa John's pizza, but that's what he says.

Oh, and never try the pepperoni trio.  It's disgusting.

I told you Subway rocks!  That bread you like is Clint's favorite, too.  I like it okay, but I like a lot of their breads, even though I usually eat white (I've considered paying for several loaves of their white bread just for my personal consumption).  And their peanut butter cookies are to die for.

I personally think the wands made from real branches look better and have more character, but if you prefer a neater, more well kempt appearance on your wand, the dowel is the way to go.  You're never going to get a branch THAT straight.  And why shouldn't you go get your staff project?  It's yours, isn't it?

Avril