Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I love off days

I love off days.  They are really nice.  I can't imagine working seven days a week.  Since a new Pope was chosen today I thought I mention that.  He'll probably be working 14 hour days seven days a week and die of exhaustion in six years (I checked that little tid bit Avril and it seems to be true).  Poor bastard. 

Anyway, last night I was late to work for the first time.  My alarm didn't go off and I woke up after midnight.  I called my boss and he said I could come in for the rest of the night.  Our truck had just got there so it wasn't a big deal anyway.  Tim and I worked through our two pallets in three hours, which is very good time.  We've been doing it a new way that works so much better than the "company policy/bullshit" way of doing it.

Since I'm off I only slept about an hour today.  I spent most of the day reading.  I'm alternating between chapters of Magician: Master and Angels and Demons.  Both are really good books and I'm enjoying them.  I also started The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, but I've put it aside for the time being. 

I skipped class Monday and today, which was probably not a good idea, but the semester is almost over so it will be okay.  I'll go tomorrow and Thursday and make up for it.  It won't be a problem.  Monday I meant to go.  I even wrote a seven page research paper that morning for class, but I was too tired to actually go.  Hopefully the Doc will accept it late.  If not, it will be okay.  I do well on the test. 

I went to Cracker Barrell to eat dinner with John and Jennifer tonight.  They both actually had breakfast, which is served all day, but I wanted dinner.  I got the country fried steak, which was pretty good.  I didn't really want Cracker Barrell.  I wanted to go to Ruby Tuesday, but that's only because I want to get the number of one of the hostesses.  Oh, well.  Another time.

I've been thinking about my wand more and more.  I'm probably going to go with the natural brach idea.  I plan on scrapping off the bark, drying it, etc.  Then I want to use a wood burner to carve some incantations and such in it in runes.  I'm also thinking about using wood carving tools to carve my name in runes or some other script and then melting pewter or some other soft metal into the carved letters.  I think that would be really cool.  Afterwards, I'll probably coat it in bee's wax and wrap the bottom in leather or maybe gold or silver wire.  Any thoughts or other ideas would be appreciated.

3 comments:

autumnsavril said...

Very cool idea about pouring some soft metal into the rune carvings.  I never would have thought of that myself.  How, exactly, is that metal heated?  I'm sure you can't just do it over the stove.

Ave

rampage841512 said...

I was thinking of usnig a small hand torch to heat it.  

autumnsavril said...

::blink, blink::  Sure, okay.

Ave