Friday, February 11, 2005

Unpacking

I've been busy as hell lately.  I brought a lot of my own stuff from home but I had to buy a lot of new things too.  I just finished unpacking everything last night. 

In the master bedroom I put my old dressor.  My grandmother bought it for me so it has sentimental value although it is pretty beat up.  I bought a new bed, a cherry wood sleigh bed.  It is very nice.  I also bought some new mattresses that are absolutely divine.  Now I just need someone to help me christen them.

I bought a new couch and coffee table (surface lifts up) for my living room.  I also put a futon in there.  I already had an entertainment stand and a tv, vcr, and dvd player so I bought a surround sound system.  I bought some dvd towers too.

My kitchen is pretty lightly stocked.  I have one plate and bowl of each size, some pots and pans, and some utensils, silverware and stuff like that.  I bought some glasses.  I have what I need.  I bought a small tabe for the kitchen and some bar stools for my bar.  I also bought a new washer and dryer.

The second bedroom I've turned into my study.  Two of the walls are lined with six foot tall book shelves.  I actually have some extra shelf space.  I spent nearly a week alphabetizing all of them.  In front of the window I put my desk from home (a cherry mission style I bought at WalMart a while back) and I put my new computer on it.  I also bought a filing cabinet for all of my paperwork, what I don't keep in my safe anyway.

For the most part living alone has been great.  I don't wake up to screaming and yelling anymore.  It's pretty nice here.  There is a pool that I will be spending a lot of time in this summer.  I worry about money sometimes, but I should have a job and steady income in the next couple of weeks. 

Speaking of a job, I'm all but on the payrole at WalMart.  I'm hired to work third shift, 10 at night till 7 in the morning.  It's the only time I'm available.  They know I have classes.  Yet they want me to do my orientation in the middle of the day.  Okay, I'm free on Fridays.   They know that too.  But they wanted me to do it last Wednesday.  Idiots!  I had an exam that day.  So I have to wait until the bitch in personel gets it straight.

On a better note, I bought a new car.  I traded in my silver 2004Honda Civic LX for a blue 2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition.  It has a six disc cde changer, a sun roof, alloy wheels, a spoiler, etc., etc.  I like it.  It's really nice.  And it's paid for in full.

I do get a little lonely here sometimes, but it's no worse than being lonely at home.  I spent my time there secluded in my room.  Here at least I have rooms.  And satellite tv.  I'm thinking the new apartment might help with dating a little too.  I won't be afraid to bring a girl home.  That will be a change.

 

 

2 comments:

autumnsavril said...

You know, getting a two-bedroom apt. with six months' rent paid in advance, plus all that new furniture and a new washer and dryer are my dream.  Amazing that you did it all in about a month's time.  Sounds like a grand scheme.  You get all that space to yourself, no one to have to clean up after.

Okay, let me get this straight . . . you bought a VCR AND a DVD player, as well as a surround sound system and DVD towers (whatever they are) but you didn't buy the things you'd need for the kitchen?  This makes no sense to my poor little brain.  Please explain.

You do know you'll be needing to fill the fridge, get a collander, measuring cups, something to hold all your cooking utensils, mixing bowls, and DEFINITELY more plates and bowls and plenty of silverware, right?  You think there's only you, therefore you only need one plate and bowl . . . WRONG.  You may not believe me, but you will see . . .

Especially if you want to use the dishwasher.

Avril

rampage841512 said...

I had the vcr and dvd player...dvd towers are to store your dvds.  I have some other kitchen stuff, and plenty of silverware.  Yes, I do need a few more things, but for the most part I've got all I need.