Sunday, February 13, 2005

Giving in

Giving into the possiblitly that there is someone out there with more knowledge about such things than me, I bought a set of dishes that matches the one I already have.  I also bought some mixing bowls and cutlery.  Those last two I planned on buying anyway.

I cooked my own breakfast this morning.  I made bisquits and gravey.  It was quite good.  I have enough left over for breakfast for a couple of days.  I had dinner at John's parents house.  They cooked hot dogs and hamburgers and invited me over with John and Jennifer yesterday.  It was nice.  After eating we watched Around the World in 80 Days.  It was pretty good for a Disney movie.

I have a lot of reading to do tomorrow for class.  It shouldn't be too bad though.  At least it is history, something I'm interested in.  I skipped this particular class both times I was supposed to go last week.  It was a class I can easily catch up in though and I just was not in the mood.  Moving into a new place had me stressed and tired.

I don't know what was wrong with me last night.  I just felt horrible.  I read a little bit before bed and felt better after a while.  I guess it was nothing serious.  I hate feeling sick though.  Oh, well.  It passed, whatever it was.  I can't believe I'm complaining about a tummy ache.  I'm usually a tough guy about being sick.  I guess it's a result of never really having a mother around and having a grandfather who was anything but sympathetic.  I always had to tough it out.  Makes me afraid of how I might treat my own kids if I ever have any.  At least that is something I won't have to worry about for a long time. 

5 comments:

autumnsavril said...

You won't regret the extra dishes, I promise.  If you intend to use the dishwasher especially.  I mean, if you put your only large plate into the dishwasher, then find later that you need it, you'll have to pull it out and wash it by hand before you use it, and that's obnoxious.

I have six regular eating bowls right now, and there are just two of us:  Clint and me, that is.  I'm going to get more bowls soon, because I feel like I'm constantly needing more bowls.  Soon I will add four more, and I hope that will be enough.

What do your dishes look like?  (I know, I'm such a girl.)  Mine are all french white and have a southern look to them.  The gravy boat is the shape of a cow, the corn holders are the shape of corn husks, the bowls have been molded on the outside to look like baskets.  The rest of it is all as plain as possible.  I'm not a big fan of southern, but I kinda like my dishes.

I can't believe I'm babbling about dishes.

Avril

autumnsavril said...

Oh, yeah, and when are you going to link journals so I can take "A Mage's Contemplations" down off my own?  And so I can just click on your journal to get back to mine?

Ave, who's been acting like a petulant child the last couple of days.

autumnsavril said...

Argh!  Let's see if I can get ALL my thoughts into this last comment, damnit.

I knew what the DVD towers were, I think I just had a brain freeze.  As soon as you said it, I thought to myself, "DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  And really I felt rather dumb.

I can imagine your being stressed out.  Moving is always stressful, on top of going to school and trying to get a job.  It's a lot of area to cover.  Just wait until you're trying to keep up with house chores, go to school, and go to work all at the same time!  LOL, your social life will be zero.

Avril

rampage841512 said...

My dishes are white.  The plates are square.  The bowls are thick and round.  

Oh, and what social life?

autumnsavril said...

You will know it when it's missing.  LOL

-Ave